Business Development Representative
An Unrivalled Opportunity
Silver Fox is a leading manufacturer of cable, wire, and pipe labels for a variety of sectors around the world, including Rail, Data, Power, Construction, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas. Based in the UK, Silver Fox ship globally either direct or by their ever-growing network of distributors.
Silver Fox is unique in the marketplace having its own in-house software and unique time-saving solutions that are developed and manufactured at the head office in Hertfordshire. In 2005 Silver Fox was one of only 70 companies nationally that received the Queen’s Award for Enterprise – International Trade. In 2017 they were recognised by the Chamber of Commerce for our activities in export. The company continues to grow, with a fantastic product range and team.
This role offers the chance to work in all aspects of Sales, as well as collaborating with the Marketing, Partnerships, and Technical teams.
The Ideal Candidate
An enthusiastic, ‘roll-your-sleeves-up’ Business Development Representative to help grow the business and grow their own skillset.
- A technical and mechanical mindset
- At least 2 years’ experience in B2B selling
- An understanding of Linkedin
- Experience in an outbound sales position is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Good organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent phone and cold calling skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong sales and listening skills.
- Ability to achieve targets.
- Fluent spoken & written English
- A can-do collaborative attitude
- A problem-solver who is focused on finding a solution
- Driving licence and own transport (if unable to walk/cycle/use public transport to get to work)
- Experience in the data & telecoms, rail or energy sectors would be an advantage
- Contacting new potential customers in Silver Fox’s core sectors (oil & gas, renewables, data & telecom, rail, etc.)
- Qualifying new business opportunities such as major projects in their sector
- Selling products and services provided by the business
- Closing sales, and hitting targets
- Working closely with other areas of the business
- The input of data into the CRM
- Explaining the features of products and services
- Staying informed about competing products and services
- £22-24k depending on experience
- Bonus scheme – eligible after six months of employment
- Private healthcare – eligible after six months of employment
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Personal and Professional Development
- Workplace Company pension
- Team lunches
- Team activities once a quarter, e.g., top golf, go-karting
- All members of staff also receive an extra day off for their birthday
- Book and Film club
- 2 paid days off for volunteering work at a charity of your choice
- Snacks and refreshments
Silver Fox is based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. The office is a short walk from the bustling town centre, with direct train links to Kings Cross (36 min), Moorgate (48 min), Cambridge (55 min), Potters Bar (13 min), and Stevenage (12 min). The office is just off the A1(M) with onsite parking.
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a unique, market-leading solution as part of a dedicated and focussed family business. Silver Fox is unique in the marketplace having its own software and unique time-saving solutions that are developed and manufactured in-house. Every day in this role will be different, and you will work with the rest of the company to bring sales strategies and plans to reality. Reading this, some of the tasks may seem daunting, however, you will have the support of the whole Silver Fox team to coach you through all aspects. Silver Fox is looking for someone with the motivation for making things happen and working with us to develop with the team. Is this you? If this is the sort of opportunity you are looking for, please apply.