Silver Fox is a leading manufacturer of cable, wire, and pipe labels working within various sectors, including Rail, Data, Power, Construction, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas. Silver Fox operates globally with distributors in the UAE, America, Singapore, Finland, Ireland and more.
Silver Fox are a family business that has been in operation for over 40 years. Throughout these 40 years, there have been many successes, including winning the Queen’s Award for Enterprise – International Trade in 2005. Silver Fox is currently in an exciting stage in its history, transitioning from a 1st to a 2nd generation family business. With this change comes new ideas, new processes, and new growth. However, one thing that won’t change is Silver Fox’s commitment to society. We have been Carbon Neutral since 2018, Carbon Negative since 2020 and have strong ties to many charities around the UK.
The Ideal Candidate
An enthusiastic ‘roll your sleeves up’ Sales Administrator to support Sales Team and to help grow the business.
To provide administrative and customer service support to the Sales Team and to respond to and process customer queries efficiently and professionally, where necessary passing on to the relevant person in the company as required.
This position requires expediency and initiative-taking thinking.
Must have experience of Sage line 50.
- To check the sales email inbox and respond to customer queries efficiently and professionally
- To answer telephone enquires to the company and respond professionally and efficiently, passing technical queries to the relevant personnel
- To prepare/organise quotations for customers and follow up in a timely and professional manner
- To follow up regularly on lapsed accounts and monitor responses
- To answer/process the export sales enquiries and Regional Development managers calls to the relevant person in the company and cover for this position as required
- To process email orders, web sales and software downloads and enter details on to Sage
- To send courtesy emails to customers wo have downloaded software
- To enter and manager customer contact details onto database in accordance with GDPR.
- To consult with the other departments as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job i.e. consulting with Production on orders, with Warehouse on couriers and Finance concerning creditors
- To attend and contribute to Sales meetings
- To produce outstanding orders summary, outstanding quotations, and new accounts
- £21,500pa gross
- Bonus Scheme – eligible after six months of full-time employment
- Workplace Pension
- Private non-contributory health insurance – eligible after six months of full-time employment
- 20 days annual leave + 8 days public holidays
- Additional holiday day on birthday
- Charity work – Silver Fox will allow two fully paid days for work with a registered charity
- Personal and Professional Development
- Team events
- Additional Company Benefits
- On-site parking
Silver Fox is based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. The office is a short walk from the bustling town centre, with direct train links to Kings Cross (36 min), Moorgate (48 min), Cambridge (55 min), Potters Bar (13 min), Stevenage (12 min). The office is just off the A1(M) with onsite parking.
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop and grow your skillset in a dedicated family business. With all your tasks, you will have the full support of the Silver Fox family to guide you through all aspects. The Silver Fox team is an extremely friendly group that is fully inclusive and keen to support and help each other. We’re looking for someone motivated to make things happen and work with us as a team to grow and develop. Is this you? If this is the sort of opportunity you are looking for, please apply.